Brother International is introducing its latest color inkjet All-in-One, the MFC-J6920dw, which it says is the flagship model in its new Business Smart Pro series of inkjet All-in-Ones for small to mid-size businesses. The MFC-J6920dw provides two 250-sheet paper trays for a larger paper capacity, as well as higher ink capacity and print speeds of up to 22 (black)20 (color) ppm. The MFC-J6920dw, which has has an estimated street price of $299, also lets you print, copy, scan, and fax 11″ x 17″ (ledger-size) documents.
The MFC-J9620dw also features Near Field Communication (NFC) print and scan enabling users to “touch to connect” their NFC-capable mobile device to the All-in-One for direct printing or scanning without connecting to a wireless network. A suite of free Brother Cloud Apps also provides the ability to capture and convert paper documents into a variety of ways directly from the device without the use of a computer.
Brother says its new Wireless Assistant makes connecting to a wireless network easy, and that users won’t even need a USB cable or to know their network password to connect. There’s also a 3.7″ touch screen with touch panel; the touch panel illuminates only the keys needed for operation.
Other specifications and features include:
- Print speed rated at up to 35 (black)/27 (color) ppm in Fast Mode, and up to 22 (black)/20 (color) ppm using the ISO/IEC 24734 test method.
- Brother Landscape Print Technology for a smaller footprint – up to 35 percent smaller than competitive models, according to Brother.
- Super high-yield ink cartridges
- Support for Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print mobile printing; free Brother iPrint&Scan app; Wi-Fi Direct mobile printing; and support for Cortado Workplace mobile printing.
- Free Brother Cloud Apps for scan to and print from cloud-based sites (including Facebook, Picasa Web Albums, Flickr, Evernote, and Dropbox).
- Automatic two-sided duplex printing.
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n and wired Ethernet network connectivity.
- Two 250-sheet paper drawers, each of which accepts up to 11″x17″ paper.
- Two-year Limited Warranty and Toll-Free Technical Support for the Life of the Machine
Brother will also be introducing a full line of Business Smart Pro Series inkjet All-in-Ones. TheMFC-J6720dw ($249.99) and MFC-J6520dw ($229) will be available later this month.