In this Head2Head comparison, we investigated Enterprise-Ready A4 Color Printers. While these devices can cost as much to purchase and operate as several aqueous inkjet printers combined, and their Cost per Page and energy consumption can be higher than business-class inkjets, only the solid-ink Xerox ColorQube 8570/DN offers feature sets that will satisfy the deployment, security, and remote-management demands of the enterprise.
Since enterprises demand a high degree of management, compatibility, and security, the criteria for entry into this class is stringent: network interface, duplex printing, expandable standard media capacity exceeding 251 sheets, PCL and/or PostScript print drivers, and remote management, streamlined deployment, and security.
Armed with these criteria, we identified 12 models available from either the retail or authorized dealer channel from Brother, Canon, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Kyocera, Lexmark, OKI, Ricoh, Samsung, and Xerox. Prices ranged from $499 to $4,295 and print speeds from 21 to 40 ppm.
After extended analysis of the data and our performance ratings, we determined that the Samsung CLP-775ND delivered Best in Class performance by virtue of the following:
- Wide range of OS compatibility including Novell, Linux, HP UX 11.x, Solaris, Sun OS and SCO Unix, and standard network security protocols.
- Comprehensive suite of client software.
- Remote management capability with SNMP Agent (monitor direct-connected printers), Job Accounting (provides access controls and tracking capability), driver-deployment utility and user authentication.
- PCL 5/6, PostScript 3, Universal and Universal PCL 6/PostScript 3 print driver emulations.
- Optional 250 GB hard drive with overwrite and 256-bit encryption enables store print job, store and print, proof print, confidential print, and schedule print job.
- Samsung Mobile Print App for Apple iOS, Android, and Samsung Windows Phone devices that can also print MS Office documents.
(Watermarked; distribution or linking is prohibited.)
Enterprise-Ready A4 Color Printers Head2Head Comparison Report
- Samsung CPL-775ND What You Should Know Evaluation
Not-watermarked Competitive What You Should Know Evaluations for personal use only.
- Brother HL-4570CDW
- Canon imageRUNNER LBP5280
- Dell C3670dn
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CP4025dn
- Kyocera FS-5150DN
- Lexmark CS410dn
- OKI C610DN
- Ricoh Aficio SP C320DN
- Sharp MX-C400P
- Xerox ColorQube 8570/DN
- Xerox Phaser 6600/DN