While other printer vendors have vigorously fought against the use of remanufactured toner and ink cartridges for use with their printers and MFPs for decades, Dell has come out as the first vendor to authorize use of remanufactured toner and ink supplies with its printers and MFPs, while still still recommending Dell genuine printer supplies “for a complete product experience,” publishing this statement, Dell Printer and Printer Supplies Environmental Policy, on its Web site:
“Dell Branded Printers
- Dell printers do not prevent the use of non-manufacture printer supplies (ink and toner cartridges and ink and toner containers.
- The use of non-Dell printer supplies (ink, toner, drums, rollers, fusers etc.) including refill and remanufactured supplies is a customer’s choice.
- Dell recommends the use of Dell genuine printer supplies for a complete product experience from your Dell end-to-end Technology Solution provider
Dell Branded Printer Supplies (Ink, toner, drums, rollers, fusers)
- Dell printer supplies cartridges do not prevent the reuse and recycling of the product.
- Customers can use refilled and remanufacture cartridges as well as purchasing cartridges from other manufactures.
- Dell provides free and responsible printer supplies recycling options for all Dell branded printer supplies cartridges worldwide at http://www.dell.com/recycle.”;
Editor’s Note: The Dell Web page stating the above is no longer available. We’ve sent an inquiry to Dell requesting comment, but haven’t received a reply.