In this Head2Head comparison, we investigated Enterprise-Ready A4 B/W MFPs. Since virtually all inkjet All-in-Ones print in color, this group is composed of laser/LED- array devices that employ toner-based imaging. While these devices can cost as much to purchase and operate as several inkjet All-in-Ones combined, and their Cost per Page and energy consumption can be higher than business-class inkjets, very few inkjet All-in-Ones (if any) offer feature sets that will satisfy the deployment, security, and remote-management demands of the enterprise.
Our requirements for this class include networking, automatic duplex printing, automatic duplexing document feeder, standard 250-sheet media supply that can be expanded, PCL and/or PostScript and Universal print drivers, and remote management, deployment and industry-standard security capabilities.
Armed with this criteria, we found 10 candidates that ranged in price from $399.00 to $2,730.00, from Canon, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Lexmark, OKI, Ricoh, Samsung, and Xerox.
As is always the case with this class, there was a wide range of unit pricing, feature sets, and cost of operation. After extensive data collection, analysis and rating, we determined that the Samsung SCX-5935FN earned Best in Class because of the following strengths:
- Very low Cost per Page and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Quality Samsung design and construction.
- Dominant scores in our rating system.
- 7″ color touch screen that can be customized with optional services and user-customizable workflows.
- High-yield (20,000 pages) all-in-one print cartridges.
- Strong multifunction feature set and suite of client software.
- Support for a wide range of printer languages, operating systems, and security protocols.
- Standard 80-GB hard drive with image overwrite.
- SyncThru 6 network-management solution with Job Accounting plug-in and SNMP Agent.
- Optional Embedded Solutions Platform kit that enables installation of custom workflows and management solutions.
(Watermarked; distribution or linking is prohibited.)
Enterprise-Ready A4 B/W MFPs Head2Head Comparison Report
- Samsung SCX-5935FN What You Should Know Evaluation
Not-watermarked Competitive What You Should Know Evaluations for personal use only.
- Canon imageCLASS D1180
- Dell 3335dn
- HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425
- Konica Minolta bizhub 36
- Kyocera FS-1135MFP
- Lexmark MX410DE
- OKI MB471MFP
- Ricoh Aficio MP 171SPF
- Xerox WorkCentre 3325/DNI
- Head2Head Comparison Reports (Retail Channel)
- Head2Head Comparison Reports (Dealer Channel)
- What You Should Know Evaluations (A-I)
- What You Should Know Evaluations (K-P)
- What You Should Know Evaluations (R-Z)
- About Reports
- How We Test