The long-awaited North American debut of a Memjet-powered 60-ppm, A4 desktop color inkjet printer was announced January 7th, with Parts Now of Madison, Wisconsin, signing on to be the first distributor and reseller for the Memjet-sourced C6010 color printer in North America. Parts Now, which is a distributor of printer parts, will also provide technical support, technical dealer training, warranty desk, and administrative dealer support. With the C6010, customers will also be able to refill the printer’s depleted ink cartridges via an ink-cartridge refill program provided by authorized resellers, and the C6010 will be part of Memjet’s channel program for Managed Print Services (MPS) resellers. The C6010 isn’t directly available from Parts Now, but instead, those interested are required to contact an authorized reseller.
Memjet in particular is targeting the C6010 at MPS customers, with Bill McGlynn, president of Memjet Office, noting, “Parts Now is a trusted advisor to many MPS dealers in service and repair, and that creates confidence around our new technology platform. They have embraced our authorized ink-tank refill program and are poised to make it real for resellers wanting to improve the profitability for their customers and the environmental footprint of color printing.”
Memjet says its MPS reseller program offers select resellers rewards, support, and services such as the authorized ink-cartridge refilling. It also announced that it’s joined the Managed Print Services Association (MPSA). Founded in 2009, the Managed Print Services Association is a global, non-profit organization that provides independent communications, collaboration, education, and standards for Managed Print Services (MPS) professionals.
Parts Now will distribute the Memjet-powered C6010, as well as Memjet ink tanks, print heads, parts, and refilled ink tanks and “fill your own” ink systems to select U.S. and Canadian MPS resellers. A Google search indicates that the C6010 is currently available from reseller Offtech New England.
MPS Resellers interested in being considered for the Memjet channel program should visit www.c6000series.com or contact Ryan Humphrey at 608-320-5975, or Pete Parad at 512-608-5086.
Rated at 60 ppm (A4), the C6010 uses Memjet’s page-wide print head that lays down images in a single pass, unlike conventional desktop printers which use small print heads that must travel back and forth across a page to lay down images. Neither Memjet nor Parts Now states cost per page, but instead state that cost per page is a “fraction” of comparable desktop color laser printers’ cost per page for both black and color.
- Print Speed: 60 ppm
- Resolution:Color: 1600 x 800 dpi; Black 1600 x 800 dpi
- Print Head Cartridge: OST5.1 print head (user replaceable)
- Print Pipeline Hardware: Single OmniPEC
- Maximum Dot Rate: 774 million dots/second
- Single/Double-sided Printing; Single sided (simplex) /Manual (SW duplex)
- Print Driver: Hybrid Host Based Driver supports popular Windows and Mac operating systems.
USB 2.0 Hi speed with type B connector;
- LAN (wired): 100 Base – TX Ethernet 100 (802.3 u)
- User Interface: Status information via printer driver and Embedded Web server; Mac and Windows tool box; Full MS certification
- Control Panel: 2-line LCD graphic display panel with language customization; buttons: Power on, Menu, Menu Up/Down, Resume, Job Cancel
- Ink Tanks: 4 ink tanks: cyan, magenta, yellow, black; each CYM color cartridge: 50ml per tank, each yields 4,300 pages; black cartridge: single tank 100ml, yields 4,800 pages; ink cartridges refillable through OEM authorized refill systems
- Ink: dye-based
- Ink Dry Time: Less than 1 second. Paper dry to the touch before leaving printer
- Ink Replenishment: Individual ink tank replacement
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume: 1,000 to 4,000 pages per month
- Paper Sizes:Paper tray: A4, U.S. Letter and U.S .Legal; Multi-purpose tray: 6” x 4” to U.S. Legal
- Paper Types: Plain paper, glossy and matte microporous coated inkjet paper
- Paper Weight: Main Paper tray: 70 to 120 gsm | 19 to 32 lb.; multi-purpose tray: 70 to 240 gsm | 19 to 75 lb.
- Paper Tray Capacities: Main Paper tray: 250 sheets 70 gsm/19 lb.; multi-purpose tray: 20 sheets 70 gsm/19 lb.
- Output Paper Tray: 125 sheets, face-up correct order
- Power Consumption:
- Off: <0.5W
- Standby: <=5.0W
- Printing: <35W*220V/50Hz
- Off: <0.5W
- Standby: <=5.0W
- Printing: <35W*
- Power Supply: Built in power supply:110-240 VAC 50/60 Hz 120W
- Weight: 27 pounds/12 KG
- Dimensions: 542 w x 265 h x 455 d (mm); 21.3 w x 10.4 h x 18 d (inches)
Inside the C6010