Review: Enterprise-Ready A4 B/W Laser/LED Printers – OKI B710DN is Best in Class
In this Head2Head comparison, we investigated a group of the most mission-critical digital imaging devices: Enterprise-ready A4 B/W Laser/LED printers.
Our requirements for this class include networking, PCL or PostScript print drivers, 250-sheet expandable media supply, network security and compatibility with a fleet network-management solution. Armed with these requirements, we found 12 devices ranging in price from $199.99 to $890.00 from Brother, Canon, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Lexmark, OKI, Ricoh, Samsung, Sharp, and Xerox.
As there were many variables and strong contenders in this group, determining the best among them was not an easy task. That said, we found that the OKI B710dn was Best In Class based on the following strengths:
- Competitive Cost Per Page and Total Cost of Ownership at print volumes exceeding 1,000 pages per month.
- Compatible with PrintSupervision Professional/Enterprise network-printer management solution.
- Registered User Database works in conjunction with standard Job Accounting software to limit user access.
- Optional document finishing, Compact Flash kit, and hard drive that provides Secure Print, Proof & Print, and Delayed Print.
- Advanced security with six-digit PIN required for access to stored jobs in hard drive or flash memory, automatic deletion of stored jobs after designated expiration date, secure erase of data on hard drive or flash (Mil Spec 5220-22.M compliant).
- Banner printing, and can print on media as thick as 80 lb. cover stock (120-lb. index) from all media sources.
(Not-watermarked for download, distribution or linking)
- Enterprise-Ready A4 B/W Laser/LED Printers Head2Head Comparison Report
- OKI B710dn What You Should Know Evaluation
Not-watermarked Competitive What You Should Know Evaluations for personal use only
- Brother HL-5470DN
- Canon imageCLASS LBP6670dn
- Dell 3330dn
- HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer M401dn
- Konica Minolta pagepro 4650EN
- Kyocera FS-1370DN
- Lexmark E462dtn
- Ricoh Aficio SP 4100NL
- Samsung ML-3712ND
- Sharp DX-350P
- Xerox Phaser 3320/DNI
Indices of Related Reports
- Head2Head Comparison Reports (Retail Channel)
- Head2Head Comparison Reports (Dealer Channel)
- What You Should Know Evaluations (A-I)
- What You Should Know Evaluations (K-P)
- What You Should Know Evaluations (R-Z)