Canon Adds Five New Large-Format imagePrograf Inkjet Color Printers
Canon U.S.A. today rolled out five imagePROGRAF large-format inkjet color printers, the iPF9400, iPF9400S, iPF8400, iPF6450, and iPF6400, designed for photographers, artisans, proofers and print-for-pay users, and all of which feature enhanced image quality and faster print speeds.
The new imagePROGRAF will be available in September through authorized Canon Dealers and imagePROGRAF Premier Partners. MSRP is $11,995 for the iPF9400, $9,995 for the iPF9400S, $5,995 for the iPF8400 printer, $3,695 for the iPF6450, $2,995 for the iPF6400, and $1,795 for the also new SU-21 Spectrophotometer.
The imagePROGRAF iPF9400 (12 colors, 60″ wide printing), iPF8400 (12 colors, 44″ wide printing), iPF6450/6400 (12 colors, 24″ wide printing), and iPF9400S (8 colors, 60″ wide printing) all use Canon’s LUCIA EX pigment inks. The imagePROGRAF iPF9400S and iPF9400 printers also support 60″ wide borderless printing.
Canon says new upgrades versus previous imagePROGRAF printers include several features designed to help customers achieve the best color consistency. These tools include:
- Multi-Sensor: A new, enhanced multi-sensor has been incorporated for improved density accuracy and stability over previous models. The sensor, along with the included software, helps to achieve color consistency across all new imagePROGRAF 12-color models.
- Color Calibration Management Console: With the new calibration function, users can execute and monitor the calibration status of multiple printers on a network from one PC.
- Media Configuration Tool: This software allows the user to update and customize the printer and printer drivers with new Canon and custom media information.
There’s also a sub-ink tank system that Canon says minimizes wasted ink. Ink cartridges can also be replaced while the printers are running, so that print jobs in progress can continue to be produced. The imagePROGRAF iPF6450 and iPF6400 printers also feature a new 300ml ink tank size.
Canon says it’s also added new software features, including:
- Gallery Wrap feature: Allows users to easily create gallery wrap prints for framing.
- Adjustment Pattern Setting: Users can print multiple versions of an image with different color settings so that they can choose the image that best matches their needs.
- Tint and Tone Adjustments: Controls the four monochromatic shades, allowing a user to create more expressive blacks with smooth gradations, especially in darker areas
The 12-color, 24-inch imagePROGRAF iPF6450 printer can be equipped with an optional onboard spectrophotometer for advanced color management, ensuring that color output is consistent throughout a print run, including the ability to obtain color consistency across multiple iPFX400 series printers.
The SU-21 Spectrophotometer includes:
- A fully automated mobile unit for the spectrophotometer for a wide range of media of various thicknesses to be loaded and used with the device.
- A specialized backing plate that has black and white strips on it and is user switchable.
- User-switchable UV blocking filter that can be turned on and off according to paper type.
- Scan speed of 10 inches per second.
- Expandable workflow options due to the ability to perform color calibration with third-party media.
- 2010 XRGA measurement standard compliance.