Review: Business Inkjet All-in-Ones – Brother MFC-J5910DW is Best in Class
In this Head2Head Comparison of Business-Class Inkjet All-in-Ones, we took it one step further than our recent Head2Head Comparison of SOHO inkjet All-in-Ones. That is, we used expanded criteria for this class, with the All-in-Ones required to have these business features:
- Automatic Duplex Printing.
- Automatic Document Feeder.
- Added — minimum 250-sheet media supply.
- Added — available high-yield ink cartridges.
Higher capacity supplies make it more likely that an All-in-One can support the higher volumes required for shared business-class use, as there will be less downtime required for ink and paper replenishment and less chance of user-induced malfunctions.
The more stringent requirements narrowed the field down to All-in-Ones from six vendors: Brother, Canon, Dell, Epson, Hewlett-Packard and Lexmark. While prices ranged from $169.99 to $199.99, we found a wide disparity in what we consider a “business-class” feature set. Some provided network scan, scan to e-mail servers and remote-management capabilities while some did not, with several shades of gray in-between.
Because of the following factors, we determined that the feature-rich Brother “Professional Series” MFC-J5910DW provided Best in Class performance for a Business-Class Inkjet All-in-One:
- Automatic duplex printing on media as large as 11”x17.” It’s the only device in this class that can do so.
- Very low Cost per Page and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Secure Function Lock (password-protect print, copy, fax, color print, as well as scan; set print-volume limits).
- Compatibility with Brother’s BRAdmin fleet management solution and Driver Deployment Wizard.
- Remote and mobile printing, plus Brother’s iPrint & Scan print and scan application for mobile devices.
- Touch panel with color touchscreen, and wired and wireless networking.
- Color scan to e-mail servers (with LDAP) and network folders.
- An upgrade path is provided by two additional Brother A3 All-in-Ones that use the same print engine.
(Watermarked, not-printable, and not for distribution or linking)
Head2Head Comparison Report – Business-Class Inkjet All-in-Ones
- What You Should Know Evaluation – Brother MFC-J5910DW
Not-watermarked Competitive What You Should Know Evaluations for personal use only
- Canon PIXMA MX892
- Dell v725w
- Epson WorkForce 845
- Hewlett-Packard Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One
- Lexmark Pro915
Indices of Related Reports
- Head2Head Comparison Reports (Retail Channel)
- Head2Head Comparison Reports (Dealer Channel)
- What You Should Know Evaluations (A-I)
- What You Should Know Evaluations (K-P)
- What You Should Know Evaluations (R-Z)