Review: Small and Home Office B/W MFPs – Lexmark X264dn is Best in Class
Our requirements for this Head2Head Comparison of Small and Home Office B/W MFPs are networking, automatic duplex printing, and automatic document feeder. This resulted in a group of eight MFPs from Brother, Canon, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Lexmark, OKI, Samsung and Xerox.
The B/W MFP remains the most productive and cost-effective digital communication hub on the market today and tends to have more a business-oriented feature set (print speed, paper capacity, security, and manageability) than alternative inkjet All-in-Ones. While we noted a broad range in pricing (from $179.99 to $349.99), we found that higher price was not necessarily relative to the best feature set.
After the smoke settled, we determined that the Lexmark X264dn provided Best in Class performance due to the following:
- Its top business-class feature set makes it suitable for a wide range of environments. For instance, its low Cost per Page and Total Cost of Ownership make it particularly attractive for budget-conscious small- and home-office use, while its extensive feature set and manageability allow it to be deployed in companies large and small, as well as in satellite offices and in enterprises dispersed over a wide geographic area.
- Cost per Page at 2.45¢ was among the lowest in this group – some competitive units have a Cost per Page that’s almost twice as much.
- For ease-of-use and saving time, users can login via USB key or control panel to retrieve customized print, fax, scan and scan to e-mail shortcuts.
- Driverless pull-scanning from the Embedded Web Server provides easy scanning capabilities to all network PC users.
- Supports a wide range of printer languages, PC platforms and operating systems.
- Supports a wide range of security protocols.
(Watermarked, not-printable, and not for distribution or linking)
- Small and Home Office B/W MFPs Head2Head Comparison Report
- Lexmark X264dnWhat You Should Know Evaluation
Not-watermarked Competitive What You Should Know Evaluations for personal use only
- Brother DCP-7065dn
- Canon imageCLASS MF4570dn
- Dell B1256dnf
- Hewlett-Packard Laserjet Pro M1536dnf
- OKI MB461 MFP
- Samsung SCX-4729FD
Indices of Related Reports
- Head2Head Comparison Reports (Retail Channel)
- Head2Head Comparison Reports (Dealer Channel)
- What You Should Know Evaluations (A-I)
- What You Should Know Evaluations (K-P)
- What You Should Know Evaluations (R-Z)