In this Head2Head Comparison of Business-Class A4 Color Laser/LED Printers, we considered that at a minimum, the color printer must have networking and automatic duplex printing. We then considered the advantages of manageability, tracking and control features, as nearly every company wants to manage the higher cost of color printing.
We evaluated the least-expensive printer from every printer vendor that fits our definition of business-class described above. The result was a group of eleven printers that ranged in suggested retail price from $399.99 to $995.00. We found that in spite of this wide price spread, some of the more expensive printers had a low Total Cost of Ownership at higher monthly volumes due to their significantly lower Cost Per Page.
Ultimately we determined that Samsung’s CLP-620ND provided the best mix of build-quality, software, productive features, business-class management controls and Total Cost of Ownership. Highlights include:
- Low acquisition cost, Cost Per Page and Total Cost of Ownership.
- PostScript, PCL and Universal print drivers.
- Secure print and Easy Color Management Utility.
- SyncThru printer management solution with driver-distribution capabilities.
- SyncThru Job Accounting plug-in provides user access control and tracking capabilities.
- Above-average tested image quality.
- Above average hardware and software ease of use.
- TonerSave and PowerSave modes.
(Watermarked, not-printable, and not for distribution or linking)
(Not-watermarked What You Should Know Evaluations for personal use only)
- Konica Minolta magicolor 3730DN
- Kyocera FS-C5150DN
- Lexmark C543DN
- OKI C530dn
- Ricoh Aficio SP C232DN
- Xerox Phaser 6500/DN
Indices of Related Reports