Kyocera Document Solutions has added two new A3 (11″x17″ print and scan) monochrome MFPs, the 30-ppm FS-6530MFP ($5,879) and 25-ppm FS-6525MFP ($4,679), both with print, copy, color scan and optional fax/network fax, and both featuring the Kyocera’s HyPAS platform for integrating optional workflow and security applications. The units, which will be sold through Kyocera’s dealer channel, also incorporate the firm’s ECOSYS long-life consumables and components, and low-intervention preventive maintenance schedules.
HyPAS can be enabled by adding a compact flash card. Some optional Kyocera Business Applications that can then be added include:
- DMS Link, simplified and streamlined document workflow for digital imaging, distribution, retrieval and long-time document archival.
- PinPoint Scan, which provides streamlined scan-to-PC functionality from a network connected Kyocera MFP.
- Access Lock, which enables administrators to limit access to the MFP’s functions by user group or department.
- Kyocera Mobile Print, for printing files, Web pages, and images from a smartphone or tablet.
- Microsoft Sharepoint Connector utilizing an existing Microsoft SharePoint Server.
Specifications for the FS-6530MFP and FS-6525MFP include:
- Maximum monthly volume of up to 100,000 pages for the FS-6530MFP and 40,000 pages for the FS-6525MFP.
- Standard 10/100/1000Base TX Ethernet network interface, High Speed USB 2.0, USB Host (2 ports), and optional: 10/100/1000Base TX Ethernet (for Dual NICs).
- Includes Kyocera’s Prescribe, PCL 6 (PCL XL and 5e), Kyocera’s KPDL (PostScript 3 emulation) print drivers, as well as XPS printing.
- Maximum 1,200 dpi resolution.
- Control panel with color touch screen.
- USB Host interface for print from/scan to USB memory drives (supports PDF, TIFF and XPS file formats).
- Standard 600-sheet paper capacity expandable to 1,600 sheets.
- Maximum print size is 11″x17″; accepts originals from 5.5″ x 8.5″ to 11″ x 17″ (statement- to ledger-size).
- Paper drawers accept up to 43 lb. bond, while multi-purpose tray accepts up to 140 lb. index.
- Optional 33.6 Kbps walkup fax with 9.5 MB of fax memory.