Epson Adds Business Scanners with Scan to Cloud
Epson has expanded its lineup of business-class scanners with two new sheet-fed color additions, the WorkForce Pro GT-S55 ($499.99) and WorkForce Pro GT-S85 ($999.99), both of which include scan-to-cloud-capability and Epson’s new Document Capture Pro software.
Document Capture Pro Software
With Epson’s new Document Capture Pro Software, users can route scanned documents with a touch of a button to repositories at popular cloud services such as Google Docs, Evernote and Microsoft SharePoint. Users can also scan to FTP sites, PCs and e-mail servers.
The two scanners also include a two-line LCD screen for selecting up to 10 user-defined profiles. The units can scan documents such as business cards to rigid ID cards, to documents up to 8.5” x 36”. Epson rates the GT-S85 at 80 ipm (images per minute) and the GT-S55 at 50 ipm.
Other specifications include:
- Single-pass two-sided duplex scanning.
- Scan in color, grayscale or bi-tonal.
- Mercury-free ReadyScan LED technology for faster scanning with no warm-up time.
- Maximum daily scan volume of up to 2,000 pages per day for the GT-S55 and up to 3,000 pages per day for the GT-S85.
- Automatic de-skewing and automatic background color removal.
- Ultrasonic double-feed detection for improved original throughput .
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port.
- Compatible with Windows and Macintosh PCs.
- Scan letter, legal, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, and business-card originals, as well as custom original sizes.
- Document Management Software includes TWAIN and EMC ISIS scan drivers, OCR software for converting scanned documents into editable text, create PDFs, and business-card management software.
- Automatic paper size detection.
Epson will be distributing the WorkForce Pro GT-S55 and WorkForce Pro GT-S85 in August through Cranel Imaging and other distributors. The scanners include a one-year limited warranty, along with optional extended warranties and overnight exchange programs. For more information about Epson scanners, visit www.epson.com.