Review and Report: HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Series
Street price for the Officejet Pro 8600 base configuration, which replaces the Officejet Pro 8500A base configuration, is $199.
The Officejet Pro 8600 Plus is the same as the base configuration above, except for:
- Faster print speed—up to 20 (black)/16 (color) ppm in Normal Mode, and up to 35 ppm (black/color) in Draft Mode.
- Faster copy speed—up to 35 ppm (black/color) in Draft Mode, and up to 13 (black)/12 (color) ppm in Normal mode
- Larger color touch screen—4.3” wide versus the base configuration’s 2.75” wide touch screen.
- Adds scan-to-e-mail from the touch screen, route inbound faxes to e-mail.
- Adds a larger capacity automatic document feeder (50 sheets versus 35 sheets), and a duplexing document feeder (scan both sides of hardcopy originals).
- Adds Copy Fix (automatically straighten scanned originals, and remove unwanted frames from images scanned via the flatbed platen).
- Legal-size flatbed platen.
- Adds Adobe PDF compression for minimizing scan file sizes.
- Street price is $299, and it replaces the Officejet Pro 8500A Plus.
The Officejet Pro 8600 Premium is the same as the Officejet Pro 8600 Plus but adds:
- Second 250-sheet paper drawer for a total 500-sheet paper capacity.
- Second set of color ink cartridges.
- 50-sheets of HP Brochure paper (glossy).
- Street price is $399, and it replaces the Officejet Pro 8500A Premium.
For more detailed information and tested performance, download the comprehensive Hands-On and Competitive Image Quality Test Reports below.