Download Wirth Consulting’s Hands-On Test Report for Hewlett-Packard’s latest full-color ink-jet printer, the OfficeJet Pro 8100 ePrinter. This new ink-jet printer features HP’s newest ink-jet imaging system, as well as mobile printing with HP’s ePrint and support for Apple’s AirPrint, amd faster, streamlined installation.
Review: HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter
Search our site
Have you heard about OKI's C900 Series Multimedia Platform? No? We're talking about a 50-ppm toner-based printer that can print onto the widest array of media types in the industry, including clear films, polyester, magnets, and stock as thick as 360gsm, and which can range in size from 3"x5" to 13"x53" banners. There's also standard Job Accounting and several of the models can be equipped with a Fiery controller. The icing on the cake is that the top-of-the-line C941dn also features white and clear toner that can be used to produce the most professional results on the market today.
Our testing and analysis of the C941dn in under way and we will shortly release a five-part video tour of this amazing device. Stay tuned!
More than News and Reviews
Wirth Consulting has produced hundreds of reports on printers, MFPs and All-in-Ones, some of which can be freely downloaded, printed and distributed.
With the exception of the Premium Downloads below, the remainder of our reports may be freely viewed, but not printed or distributed.
Project CISS – Don’t Miss This Report
Wirth Consulting is pleased to announce a comprehensive new test report – likely the first of its kind – that summarizes the results of exhaustive testing of inkjet printers equipped with CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System).
This 64-page test report – which can be downloaded below – summarizes several months of testing of:
Nine printers/All-in-Ones (AiOs) from Epson, Canon, and Hewlett-Packard.
Two-types of add-on (non-OEM) CISS kits installed on four printers/AiOs.
Two OEM-equipped CISS inkjet printers, the Epson L101 CISS Ink System and Epson L210 CISS Ink System All-in-One.
A detailed comparison of the overall performance of CISS-equipped printers and AiOs versus that of standard cartridge-based printers and AiOs.
Read more here.
Click a Category
PretonSaver – Print Management Par Excellence
Need to control the cost of printing? Who doesn’t? We recently subjected the PretonSaver Print Management solution from Preton Ltd. to a Hands-On Test and found that it offers a wide variety of ways for virtually any company (with IT staff or not) to monitor, track, control, apply printing rules and save toner/ink when printing to virtually any printer, regardless of vendor or class. For users without access to a server, there’s a cloud version of PretonSaver, and there’s also a home version that can be used both with or without network support, with PretonSaver Enterprise providing the most functionality.
Read more and download the Hands-On Test Report here.
- Terry Wirth: This class action suit was just filed. You will no…
- Laura: I would like to know if it is to late to join the …
- Trillium: Thanks Terry. I will look into these models.…
- Terry Wirth: Our Officejet Pro 8600 has a borderless printing o…
- Trillium: Well the HP Support person said in order for me to…
- Terry Wirth: It's not an issue of the quality of the drivers, y…
- Trillium: I bought an HP 8600 Pro Plus and I have to say the…
- Terry Wirth: Thanks Blanche, FYI, we just updated the chart of…
- t-mobile in palatine: There's certainly a great deal to learn about this…
- Terry Wirth: Are you printing via USB or network? If printing v…
- Farmer Business Systems: Yes, Xerox’s Prints Assist service is very usefu…
- emploi à domicile rémunéré: Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favor…
- kay: Hi there, have a Lenovo laptop, it recently made s…
- David J. McCartney: I worked one summer at an in-plant printing operat…
- Terry Wirth: Pete, Not a shill but you are otherwise correct. J…
- Pete: Hi Terry, you seem to be a bit of an apologist/ sh…
- Terry Wirth: Mary, Thanks for your comment. The Designjet HD P…
- Mary Bottelli: Your article states "Options for both Designjets i…
- Top News for the Week of 8/18/2014 – New Memjet Print Engine, Printer Revenue Down at HP, More August 22, 2014
- Canon Takes Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Campaign to Russia August 21, 2014
- Slight Revenue Increase for HP; Printing Revenue Down, but PC Revenue Up August 21, 2014
- Review: Business-Class A3 Inkjet Printers and AiO’s – Brother’s MFC-J6920DW is Best in Class August 20, 2014
- OKI to Preview New Color Label Printer, C711DW, at Labelexpo August 20, 2014
- Lexmark Increases its Bid for ReadSoft for Third Time, Gains Majority Voting Control August 20, 2014
- Gartner: Mainstream Consumer Adoption of 3D Printing is Five Years Away August 19, 2014
- Canon Expands Cloud-Connected PIXMA Color Photo All-in-One Family with Three New Models August 19, 2014
- New Brother Small-Office Laser Printers and All-in-Ones Feature Faster Print Speeds, Cloud and Mobile Connectivity August 19, 2014
- Memjet Launches Next-Generation Print Engine, Sirius, for More Versatile Media Handling August 18, 2014
- New Xerox DocuMate 4830 Scanner up to 67-Percent Faster August 18, 2014
- Top News for the Week of 8/11/2014 – Printer, MFP Shipments Up; Key Legal Rulings for MPHJ Technology, Kodak; More August 15, 2014
- OKI Expands Commercial-Printing Portfolio with New Entry-Level C711DW Digital-Color Label Printer August 14, 2014
- Judge Gives Favorable Ruling to Collins Inkjet in Dispute with Kodak August 14, 2014
- MPS-Software Provider PrintFleet and Toner-Optimization Provider Preton Join Forces August 14, 2014
- Vermont AG Suit against ‘Patent Troll’ MPHJ Technology to Proceed August 13, 2014
- Improved Earnings for Kodak in Second Quarter, Smaller Loss August 13, 2014
- Can your Printers and MFPs Print from Chrome? Chromebook Sales to Reach 5.2 Million August 13, 2014