Download Wirth Consulting’s Hands-On Test Report for Hewlett-Packard’s latest full-color ink-jet printer, the OfficeJet Pro 8100 ePrinter. This new ink-jet printer features HP’s newest ink-jet imaging system, as well as mobile printing with HP’s ePrint and support for Apple’s AirPrint, amd faster, streamlined installation.
Review: HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter
Search our site
Have you heard about OKI's C900 Series Multimedia Platform? No? We're talking about a 50-ppm toner-based printer that can print onto the widest array of media types in the industry, including clear films, polyester, magnets, and stock as thick as 360gsm, and which can range in size from 3"x5" to 13"x53" banners. There's also standard Job Accounting and several of the models can be equipped with a Fiery controller. The icing on the cake is that the top-of-the-line C941dn also features white and clear toner that can be used to produce the most professional results on the market today.
Our testing and analysis of the C941dn in under way and we will shortly release a five-part video tour of this amazing device. Stay tuned!
More than News and Reviews
Wirth Consulting has produced hundreds of reports on printers, MFPs and All-in-Ones, some of which can be freely downloaded, printed and distributed.
With the exception of the Premium Downloads below, the remainder of our reports may be freely viewed, but not printed or distributed.
Project CISS – Don’t Miss This Report
Wirth Consulting is pleased to announce a comprehensive new test report – likely the first of its kind – that summarizes the results of exhaustive testing of inkjet printers equipped with CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System).
This 64-page test report – which can be downloaded below – summarizes several months of testing of:
Nine printers/All-in-Ones (AiOs) from Epson, Canon, and Hewlett-Packard.
Two-types of add-on (non-OEM) CISS kits installed on four printers/AiOs.
Two OEM-equipped CISS inkjet printers, the Epson L101 CISS Ink System and Epson L210 CISS Ink System All-in-One.
A detailed comparison of the overall performance of CISS-equipped printers and AiOs versus that of standard cartridge-based printers and AiOs.
Read more here.
Click a Category
PretonSaver – Print Management Par Excellence
Need to control the cost of printing? Who doesn’t? We recently subjected the PretonSaver Print Management solution from Preton Ltd. to a Hands-On Test and found that it offers a wide variety of ways for virtually any company (with IT staff or not) to monitor, track, control, apply printing rules and save toner/ink when printing to virtually any printer, regardless of vendor or class. For users without access to a server, there’s a cloud version of PretonSaver, and there’s also a home version that can be used both with or without network support, with PretonSaver Enterprise providing the most functionality.
Read more and download the Hands-On Test Report here.
- Terry Wirth: Pat, I assume that the software is installed and y…
- Pat Conrad: I spent 1 week trying to load the brother mfcj-692…
- Nicolas Barajas: Thanks for answering fast. I already did that, and…
- Terry Wirth: Nicolas, As long as you have uninstalled all of…
- Nicolas Barajas: Thanks for the post, I did the "completely remove …
- ironframe: The 6910DW has TWO trays - A3 and A4 already there…
- Craig: Hi Terry and Kathleen, can you please confirm the …
- Terry Wirth: Good info Duke. Thanks. This sounds unusual but…
- Caddell & Chapman: Laura, you can contact us for the latest updates o…
- Caddell & Chapman: You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for …
- Duke: I have a MFC J6920DW printer using Adobe X and Win…
- Terry Wirth: There is no doubt that CISS is economical. You are…
- Tom Perris: Your experience varies greatly from mine. I had a …
- Terry Wirth: This class action suit was just filed. You will no…
- Laura: I would like to know if it is to late to join the …
- Trillium: Thanks Terry. I will look into these models.…
- Terry Wirth: Our Officejet Pro 8600 has a borderless printing o…
- Trillium: Well the HP Support person said in order for me to…
- New PSIGEN Partnership Gives Toshiba MFP Users Access to PSIGEN Data-Extraction Software September 23, 2014
- UPS Bringing 3D-Printing Services to Over 100 UPS Stores Across the United States September 23, 2014
- Konica Minolta Introduces its First Cloud Solution, FileAsssist, for Private Cloud Document Storage and Sharing September 23, 2014
- New Next-Generation Canon ‘Maxify’ Wireless Color Inkjets with Business-Oriented Feature Set; New Canon Inkjet Mobile Printer September 23, 2014
- Judge Dismisses HP Officejet 8500, 8600 Wireless Class-Action Lawsuit September 22, 2014
- Ricoh Officially Launches 3D-Printing Business, Two New Rapid Fab Facilities September 22, 2014
- Epson Rolls Out Five New PrecisionCore-Based Color Inkjet Large-Format Printers September 22, 2014
- Judge Dismisses MPHJ Technology’s Lawsuit Against Federal Trade Commission September 22, 2014
- Top News for the Week of 9/15/2014 – Mobile Print: Too Complicated? Hacked Printer; Memjet at Graph Expo; More September 19, 2014
- Memjet Partners to Showcase New and Current Printing Systems at Graph Expo 2014 September 18, 2014
- New App Links Kyocera Multifunctionals to Google Accounts September 18, 2014
- New Xerox DocuMate 3120 Saves Time Spent Searching for Paper Documents September 17, 2014
- Epson Launches its First Mopria-Certified All-in-Ones for Android Mobile Printing; New WorkForce Models September 17, 2014
- New Canon imageFORMULA DR-M1060 Office Scanner for Scanning Ledger-Size Originals September 16, 2014
- Konica Minolta Acquires Results Engineering, Provider of Enterprise Content Management Solutions September 16, 2014
- Print-Rite to Settle with Canon over Alleged Toner-Cartridge Patent Infringement September 16, 2014
- OKI Raises Forecast for Fiscal Half Year Due to Improving Printer Business September 15, 2014
- Canon PIXMA Printer Hacked to Demonstrate Vulnerability of ‘Internet of Things’ September 15, 2014